If seeking out mountains for Spring Break is wrong, we don’t want to be right (though we promise– we’re not wrong about this one). In fact, we’ll go so far as to say there’s no better time to be outdoors and in the mountains than during springtime. With blue skies, great snow, and warmer temperatures, you can find a variety of adventures, jaw-dropping scenery, and a laid-back vibe all vacation long.
While Winter Park Resort offers world-class terrain for sliding on snow, there is so much more to do than strap on skis or a board (ever heard of cosmic tubing?). With more than 100 things to do on and off the slopes, here are our top 10 reasons why it is a good time to book a Spring Break at Winter Park:
- The snow’s still good here. Feeling late to the game this snow season? No worries– we have consistently fresh snow late in the season, making it the best place for spring skiing and riding. Our base sits at 9,000 feet with 3,060 feet of vertical rise (that puts summit at a cool 12,060 feet for all the math aficionados out there!). Thanks to high altitude, we get to play in some of the best snow in the US (including some great powder days!) well into late spring. Hello, bluebird skies!
- There are activities for everyone. Don’t get us wrong: we love skiing and riding around the mountain! But we also love the wind in our grinning faces as we swoosh down the tubing hill, or the first sip of a frosty drink overlooking Parry Peak at golden hour. That’s why we curated a variety of activities for families who want a range of winter adventure options. From skiing and snowboarding to snow shoeing, daytime tubing, snow biking, and more– you’ll make memories all day long and with every member of your crew.
- Nighttime adventures abound. When the last chair stops spinning, the fun doesn’t have to be over! Load into the Gondola and coast to the top of the mountain for springtime alpenglow views, make s’mores in a fire pit (we know you can toast the best marshmallows), feel utterly galactic with cosmic night tubing and cosmic ice skating, jump into a snowcat for a sunset cruise around the mountain, or even stargaze with one of our astronomy tours!
- It’s a short drive to Rocky Mountain National Park. What’s the only thing better than one mountain adventure? Two mountain adventures. Our resort is surrounded by thousands of acres of pristine wilderness and public land – some of which just happens to be Rocky Mountain National Park. A short drive will let you take in a different view of the Continental Divide (and maybe see some wildlife!) with plenty of time to be back in time for dinner and a soak in the hot tub.
- The mountain. We’re honored to get to slide on snow in Winter Park. Why? Our resort has a wide variety of terrain for all levels and abilities. Across 3,000 acres of skiable terrain and 166 trails, you’ll find everything from easy greens to less-tamed, expert-only areas. Plus, with 23 lifts (including a scenic gondola!) you get to choose your own adventure out on the mountain.
- It’s affordable. Who doesn’t like a good deal? We know we do! You can receive 20% off your slopeside lodging this spring when you book by May 1, 2023 (psst: you can save a bundle when you pre-book lift tickets, too).
- The vibes are casual. Pocket bacon, breweries, good friends, and happy mountain dogs. That’s what we’re about– and you’re invited to come kick back with us! Whether it’s at nearby restaurant listening to local music or waving hello to a fellow passerby on the trail, we’re all here to enjoy the stunning surroundings we get to live and play in. So come as you are, relax around a fire with us, and let’s swap stories as the sun goes down.
- Getting here is a breeze. While we love the tucked-away feel that comes with being located up a two-lane, high mountain pass, we’re surprisingly easy to arrive at! Located just 67 miles from Denver, it’s simple to have a world-class Spring Break that’s just a short drive away from a major airport.
Pro Tip: Want to up the “fun” factor on your travel? Take the scenic and historical Winter Park Express train over the Continental Divide instead of driving!
- It’s tasty (and we don’t mean the snow). It’s science: all that adventuring builds an appetite. That’s why we have culinary options for every craving, experience and location – from slopeside and mountaintop to under the lights of the Village. (Mountaintop Après is a favorite, too.)
- It’s undeniably beautiful. Can you think of a more picturesque way to spend Spring Break? The jaw-dropping, soul-recharging mountain setting you’ll find yourself in is a refreshing, playful change from indoor routines. Heck, we’ve been here for over 80 years and still get blown away by the view.
We could go on forever about how great spring is, but we would highly encourage you to come see for yourself! What spring adventure will you get into? Whatever it is – we’ll meet you there!