August is wrapping up which means our favorite time of the year is almost here. There’s no better place to celebrate fall than in the mountains. Wave goodbye to summer this weekend with Wild West Whiskey Fest, then get ready to cheers to Fall with Oktoberfest next weekend.
Wild West Whiskey Fest, Aug. 31 – Sept. 1
- Whiskey: Scotch, bourbon, single malt – it’ll all be here for you to sample on Saturday when you purchase your ticket. Samples will be provided by a collection of local Colorado distilleries and beyond!
- Music: Fill your glass before putting those boots to work with some line dancing as the Nick Hickman Band rocks out in the Village on Saturday. Zona Road will take the stage on Sunday with a set-list full of all the greatest country hits sure to have everyone singing along.
- Bull Riding: Embrace your inner cowboy/girl and put your riding skills to the test! There will be a mechanical bull in the Village on both Saturday and Sunday from 12-4pm.
- Mutton Bustin’: Little cowboys and cowgirls get their shot at chasing some rodeo glory with this hilariously entertaining event. Sign your kiddo up to see them ride a mutton for the chance of being crowned champion!
Mountain Oktoberfest, Sept. 7
- Brews: Craft brews and mountain views! You just can’t beat beer in the high country. Grab your ticket to Winter Park’s second Mountain Oktoberfest. Whether you’re a hardcore hops fanatic or a sporadic sipper, you’ll find plenty to enjoy with over 12 participating craft breweries. Get unlimited tastings for only $30.
- Music: Brews are enjoyed best when they’re accompanied by tunes. Kick back and relax or grab your beer and get down to the music of local favorite Moffat Tunnel Band. From Rock, Blues, R&B, and everything in between, Moffat Tunnel Band is sure to get your toes tapping.
- Art: In addition to beer and music, get a taste of local color. And we aren’t talking about just the trees! Walk through art displays from local artisans, featuring the Fraser Murals. Watch live painting at Trailblazer Bar, and fully immerse yourself in the mountain lifestyle.
Don’t forget to check out our Pro Tips for Mountain Oktoberfest! It takes more than one day to take in all those fall colors. Tack an adventure onto your adventurous beer tasting! Book a guided hike and spend the day leaf peeping to round out your fall getaway. If you book a room before September 28 and stay with us, you’ll get two free gondola tickets as part of the Fall Adventure package. So Venture Out with us and make your Autumn awesome!