Blue skies, warm temps, and soft snow – it’s all yours until May 12th! Spring skiing at Winter Park Resort is a special time of the season. From Spring Bash + Splash weekends to extended-season skiing at Mary Jane, spring is the perfect time to Venture Out to the mountains for some laps in the sun.
Dress Up, Get down! It’s 80s Weekend!
It’s hard to avoid the good vibes during a day on spring snow – especially when that day is the Saturday of 80s Weekend! Bust out those tights and crazy colors because skiing is always more fun in a costume. Dress up, catch a tan, and explore a day’s worth of fun happening on the Winter Park side. Check out the schedule to start planning your retro Saturday.
- All Day – Show off your awesome 80s attire on and off the mountain
- 11 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – DJ at Derailer Bar
- 12 p.m. – 5 p.m. – Barcade in Red Chair Plaza
- 2 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. – Sweatin’ to the Oldies workout at the Village Plaza Stage
- 3 p.m. -5 p.m. – The Goonies Free Spring Music Concert presented by Clif Bar® at the Winter Park Resort Base
Make a Splash!
Springtime at Winter Park is full of festivities and the annual pond skim is one of the classics. Come join us on Sunday as we enjoy the last day of skiing on the Winter Park side with a party to remember. Regardless if you’re trying your best to survive the skim, or you’re just there for the sights, Spring Splash is a party not to miss! As it’s also Easter, check out the events happening around the mountain – it’s the perfect way for the entire family to celebrate the holiday.
- All Day – Show off your spring flair on and off the mountain
- 9:30 a.m. – Golden Bunny Ski Race on parkway. Registration will be in Balcony House at 7 AM
- 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. – DJ at Derailer Bar
- 11 a.m. – Ages 5 & under Easter Egg Hunt in the Village
- 11:45 a.m. – 5 & over Ski Hunt on Porcupine and Bobcat near Discovery Park
- 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. – Spring Splash® presented by Red Bull ®
Ski Until Mid-May!
We know, there are never enough ski days in the year… luckily, we’ve got nearly an entire month left to hit the slopes and enjoy the sun. With Mary Jane open until May 12th, you and the crew still have plenty of opportunities to get some more time out on the snow.
Whether you’re a lover of soft spring bumps or a cruiser of corduroy, check out a few of our favorite springtime runs:
- Mary Jane: a true classic and a must-do during a sunny spring day
- Sleeper: a local favorite for good reason; the perfect place to lace some soft-snow carves
- Arrowhead: with an upper and lower portion, riders of all skill levels can take on this often-empty Mary Jane gem
- Drunken Frenchman: shining sun makes for soft bumps on this classic mogul run
- Outhouse: bump skiers, rejoice! Pick your line down this memorable favorite
With great skiing and even better vibes, spring brings with it everything we love about spending time out on the slopes. No matter if you’re planning on attending the last two days of Spring Bash + Splash, or you’re planning on partying into May at the Jane, Winter Park is a spring skier’s paradise.