Pow…freshies…heaven. Whatever you call snowy goodness, we have loads of it: 53 inches in the last seven days! This means we just enjoyed our deepest week of the season! Saturday headlined the weekend as shredders woke up to 18 inches of powder! All that snow took the season total to a staggering 21 feet! With a base of 79 inches and refreshing snowfall continuing throughout the coming days, conditions are deep and delightful. A weekend storm will likely deliver more than 12 additional inches by Tuesday, so powderhounds will find plenty of stashes to satisfy their need for soft turns!
Where to Ski and Ride
Thanks to four feet of snow over the weekend and continued refills this week, you’ll find excellent turns no matter where you decide to shred. Here are our picks for this weekend:
- Belle Fourche: Take your need for the steep and deep up a notch by dropping into the powder and trees that characterize this challenging run. Belle Fourche holds powder long after storms pass, so you’re sure to find plenty of stashes well after the sun comes back out. Escape into the forest and savor fresh turns on this off-the-beaten-path trail.
- Outhouse: This legend of the Mary Jane Territory is at its best when the powder is deep, so now is a great time to tackle its bumps and test your turns. Dip into the trees to skiers’ right for an added challenge. Shred this Winter Park classic for as many runs as your legs can handle!
- Edelweiss: Savor mellow and cruisy turns on a groomer every type skier or rider will love. Surf the sidewalls, lay down S turns and lap Sunnyside lift to make the most of the smooth snow.
Excellent snow isn’t all Winter Park has to offer this week. Saturday is packed with exciting events:
Fireworks & Family Fest: Saturday, 6:30 pm in the Village
- Kick back beside the bonfire in the Village and dazzle at Winter Park’s spectacular fireworks display over the mountain.
- Make the occasion even sweeter by grabbing a tasty snack from the s’mores bar, jamming out to live music by the Honey Hounds and maybe even winning free giveaways!
- Learn more about how to make the most of your evening at Fireworks & Family Fest with our guide here.
USASA Slopestyle Competition: Saturday, all day at Dark Territory and Re-Railer
- Stop by the terrain parks to watch athletes from the Winter Park Competition Center throw down their jump and jib tricks at the U.S.A.S.A. Rocky Mountain Series slopestyle event.
- This event is the largest and longest-running amateur snowboard and freeskier series in the country. It also serves as a qualifier for April’s national competition in Copper Mountain.